Young People Meetings

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Young People Meetings

Unread postby phillymike » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today is my first day. It is actually at least my fifth first day in the past 3 years. This time around I have cut out a lot of people in my life and needless to say I am very lonely. I would like to attend as many meetings as I can to stay busy but am searching for the meetings that would benefit me the most.

My question is, what is the age range generally for a Young People meeting? I am 27. I am looking to attend a meeting some where near my age group in hope of meeting friends, or more. etc. Or does anyone else have any recommendations for?

I am located in the city and do not mind traveling!

Thanks,
Philly Mike
phillymike

Re: Young People Meetings

Unread postby elileo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Mike,
I'm in a similar situation, though you are way ahead of me!

Did you see this post?
http://www.sobrietyonline.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=13131
Someone posted a lot of "young people" meetings here. Hopefully this is helpful. Good luck!
elileo

Unread postby Guest » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 pm

I am also in a similar situation. I am 31 and would prefer to be around people my age. I just got released from hospital for alcohol withdrawal and I am not able to do an in patient rehab etc as I have no insurance. I live in Delaware county. I know there are meetings close by but was looking for my age range. Hopefully someone can give insight.

Unread postby mrmakkey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Best of luck in finding a young peoples meeting, I know there are a number of recovery websites and meeting websites on the internet that might be able to help you, as well Sobriety online has a meeting list you might want to look through, hopefully you will be able to find a few meetings in there list.
mrmakkey

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion