New here!

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

New here!

Unread postby Peach22 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a 30 year old mother of two young children. I have always had a problem with drinking too much but it wasn't as bad when I first became a mother. Recently things have changed. I drink way too much and too often. My husband will go to bed and I'll stay up drinking until I pass out or stumble upstairs (I guess I stumble, I don't remember going up!) I wake up early w the kids and do what I need to do but I feel horrible. Physically and emotionially horrible. I cannot go on this way. I contacted a sober friend and she has urged me to go to a meeting but I don't know if I will. I have mentioned my desire to stop drinking to my husband but he kind of laughs it off. He doesn't want me to stop bc then he loses his drinking buddy. It's Friday and I know he will be drinking tonight. Im not, not tonight. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I think I'll get the big book and have another talk with my husband. Thanks for listening.
Peach22

Re: New here!

Unread postby alwaysme » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:22 pm

:) just make meetings n stay around positive people dont let anyone get in the way of ur recovery
alwaysme

Return to New to Recovery?