relapse

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

relapse

Unread postby skeeter » Thu May 03, 2012 12:20 pm

I just had a relapse after 24 years of sobriety and I couldn't find a meeting today and just found this forum.
AA saved my life so long ago and now here I am again needing help. The disease is cunning baffling, and powerful and it waits. I went to meetings religiously for 10 years, then I stopped. Now I am one of those old-timers I felt sorry for in my first meetings who had relapsed because they stopped working the program. I am writing through tears of self-loathing and disgust and self-pity and I am just so glad you are all out there and grateful to AA that I know what to do and what I need. Thanks for listening.
skeeter

Re: relapse

Unread postby Guest » Sat May 05, 2012 2:02 am

MY BIGGEST FEAR IS THAT IF I DRINK AGAIN I'LL GET THE ALL THAT STUFF YOUR STRUGGELING WITH BACK FRESH! YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU GET OFF THE SHOULDER OF THE ROAD AND BACK INTO THE MIDDLE THINGS WILL SMOOTH OUT AGAIN! DON'T THINK, DON'T DRINK AND GET TO A MEETING. PATIENCE, TIME AND EVEN IF YOUR ASS FALLS OFF PUT IT IN A WHEELBARROW AND TAKE IT TO A MEETING! REMEMBER? YOU KNOW THE DEAL! I'M GLAD YOUR BACK. IN THE INFAMOUS WORDS OF JACKSON BROWNE, STAY!

Re: relapse

Unread postby Dianest » Sat May 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Congratulations on 24 years of sobriety!

Don't beat yourself up over it. We are only human and you know what you need to do so it doesn't get out of hand.

I attended my first AA meeting today and have been drinking for 14 years. I am really suffering with PAWS and I am very concerned with how I am going to be able to do this. I am trying to get the "one day at a time" philosophy into my head, but it's difficult. I am looking way too far ahead in time and it is overwhelming.

Best Wishes :) ,

Diane
Dianest

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion