Too late

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Too late

Unread postby rj606 » Sat May 05, 2012 6:19 pm

I had a post on here months ago. Of course I was drunk when I did it. I'm high now and feeling things are over with. Why do I reach out when I'm drinking? I can't imagine dealing with my age and being alone with out some escape. What can a loner do on the weekends? I constantly look for meetings but never go. I watched my good friend get sober and he is doing great....4 years now and he's a completely different person. I feel like I can't do anything because of my age and the ongoing depression. I'm on a lot of meds.

I'm hoping someone will reply and we can talk. I know changing will be difficult but I feel things can't change, period.
Thanks
RJ
rj606

Re: Too late

Unread postby me » Sun May 06, 2012 9:17 pm

you KNOW what's right...a huge step. go easy on yourself...you're a good person!!!!
me

Re: Too late

Unread postby Guest » Mon May 07, 2012 9:36 am

Call your friend and go to a meeting with him. Buy the AA big book and read the beginning parts. Try praying to a higher power for guidance. Smile, you can achieve what your friend has achieved and even better, many of us have.

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion