IN DESPAIR NEED HELP

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

IN DESPAIR NEED HELP

Unread postby Chaos » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:39 am

Hello all, hope today finds everyone happy and healthy.

I am brand new here. Please excuse me if I seem pushy, but I am worried out of my mind. I also posted this request on a different thread.

Desperately I need an AlaTEEN for my child. I have been clean for two years, and I know that does not erase the mayhem, horror, fear, and plain selfishness I rendered while using.

The anomosity, and anger my child harbors is overwhelming. It is never geared towards me personally, but her hatred, and lack of sympathy for anyone drinking, doing drugs or having casual sex is overwhelming. If something comes on TV about drugs or alcohol she expresses that all lousy junkies, and drunks should just die and do us all a favor. She has been in counseling, and the counselor knows of my past. I had asked him if he could recommend a group of some sort as Alateen for her. I was told he knows nothing about it, and find it on my own.

Well I have, and it's scarce. Plus given school, honor society, activities and her work she said she doesn't want to use her valued free time on this kind of thing. Thanks in advance if anyone has suggestions or concrete places, and times for an AlaTEEN. Your help is appreciated.
Chaos

Unread postby November_rain » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi Chaos, did you look for alateen meetings on this site? If you don't find any that's convenient, I wonder if your daughter could go to an al-anon meeting...

However, I totally understand how she feels. I used to think it was a waste of time to go to any meetings or get any type of therapy to learn how to deal with my anger (my husband was an alcoholic). Now I know that it helps and that it's the only way for me to recover.

I hope people from this message board will give you some suggestions.
Take care.
November_rain

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:14 pm

All I want to do today is curl up in a ball and not have to face the world. Monday I am confronted with my boyfirend telling me he has been using pain pills from friends and wanted to share with me because he wanted to stop. Ok I was shocked and upset but did not really say anything because I got home and could see he was on one of the pills, then Tuesday he has a friend over can't really talk then. And last night he went to a concert and I get a phone call from his mother he is stranded in Camden at midnight and she says are you going to go get him. I told her no and she sounds shocked at my response. Then I get his call from a payphone because he was so called jumped yeah right you spent your money and sold your phone and watch now you need to get home. What should I do??? This is my husband and this has not happened for a couple of years now. Will this just continue. How do you take charge and leave the situation??? Please help me.

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:53 pm

It sucks, and I feel for you.

What do you really want to do? Stay or go? If you decide to stay, don't forget that you'll never change your husband, and nagging will not help. All we can do is take charge of our own life and sanity (al-anon and therapy can really help).

This whole situation is so frustrating, my friends tell me to go. But I still hope... I don't try to change him. I just hope... What are you gonna do, Guest? Write back if you can.

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism