First Meeting

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Re: First Meeting

Unread postby Idefneedhelp#1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:09 am

Figuring_it_out wrote:
> Hi, I am planning on attending my first meeting this evening. My way of
> fixing my drinking issue has obviously not worked and I feel like its time
> to do it right. I'm "normal" 95% of the time but its the other 5%
> that just cant happen, therefore I cant have one or two anymore. It has
> taken me a long time to figure this out. I was just wondering if anyone has
> any tips for what I should do or expect tonight? My father is a strong
> advocate of me going and would like to come along, is this acceptable?
> Thanks in advance for your help.

It is always good to have someone with you for support.
Idefneedhelp#1
 

Re: First Meeting

Unread postby abclimo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:25 am

Chuck and Idefneedhelp: Hi and welcome! Hope your first meetings went well. If not, please realize that all meetings are not the same and you should "interview" other meetings. That's what I did in the beginning. I picked 6 and of those, I felt really comfortable and welcome at 3, so I attend those. You can always bring anyone along with you, as long as the meeting is not listed as a "closed" meeting on the na or aa websites. Closed meetings are only for those who suffer the disease of addiction. I've never been to a closed meeting so I don't know if they do anything differently there. It's important when you do go to your meetings to collect phone numbers and set up a support system of people to call before you drink or use. Admitting you have a problem and taking the first step is huge and you both deserve congrats on that! Now it's important to keep going and it's not always going to be easy, but you can do it! You need to tell yourself you are worth it!
abclimo
Registered User
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 am

Re: First Meeting

Unread postby Caroleann » Thu May 17, 2012 12:00 am

I have been drinking 1-2 bottles of wine per night for over a year now. I am not sure how this has not effected my work, but needless to say I haven't been a good mother. I love my son more than anything and I want to get better as much for him as for myself. I finally realize what a problem I have and want to try and fix this. I have insurance but not the $$ for rehab. Can I get sober by going to meetings only?
Caroleann
 

Re: First Meeting

Unread postby Roman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:11 am

Hi everybody, do anybody have a phone number for AA meeting schedules in Pennsylvania, Chester county? I checked information on web site and address that they have for meetings is incorrect. That meeting moved from that place. Need to call and find out where is today meeting in my area. Any phone numbers?
Roman
Registered User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: First Meeting

Unread postby sobermom27 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:09 am

hello yall im charity and this is my 1st time on this site i relasped today and i really have guilt and shame bad as hell right now i just got outta rehab wendesday someone please let me know ur opinion on what to do to get back on the wagon and stay on this time!!! i have NO FRIENDS who understand what im goin thru at all i need to find some friends does anyone know how i can find NA meetings in dayton/beavercreek ohio??


Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:09 am.
sobermom27
Registered User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Previous

Return to New to Recovery?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron