Only 21

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Only 21

Unread postby AmandaHab » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:13 am

I'm only 21, but have been drinking since I was 15.
As of recent, I've become verbally abusive towards my significant other, and have also hit her in the arm and leg, out of rage, from bringing up some one she has cheated on me with.
This person doesn't need to be brought up, but for some reason does, occasionally.
I want to go to a meeting, but feel like I'll just end up crying instead of talking,
I love my girl friend so much...more than anyone I've been with before, and have never been this way before. I don't know what to do.
I hate myself.
AmandaHab

Re: Only 21

Unread postby Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:55 am

Go to a meeting. Your life will change.

Unread postby MeucciCue829 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:03 pm

crying is good and the people at the meetings willl understand. trust me....we all have been there. there is a Sober and Gay meeting at the William Way Center in philly every night at 8:30p. maybe try that one out.
MeucciCue829

Unread postby Believer55 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:37 pm

I think that it is a very good start that you realize what is going on. That's commendable! If alcohol is the problem and you have been drinking since 15, I would say to check into some rehab programs in addition to AA. Good luck on your journey!! :D
Believer55

Unread postby Ellie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:33 pm

I have been sober since i was 18 and am 31 Now. I speant many a night crying in aa meetings. All the tears and pain were absolutely worth it. I have a Life i didnt know was possibile for me. I still make mistakes and do stupid things but never have felt the awful things i felt when i was drinking . I hope you go. The shame, remorse, hopelessness, and self hatred Will go away. You never have to feel so enraged you cant control your actions. In Sobriety you ars in control of your actions good luck and please just go.
Ellie

Unread postby wrdallas » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Many of us that are addicted at some time or other have been in that same situation. I know I have. The one piece of advice that has always helped me is the...Go to a meeting, and don't be alone. Being by yourself and not among another who understands the pain and rough time you've been through is the worst thing you can do. Talk about it, share the pain at a meeting.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:29 pm.
wrdallas

Return to New to Recovery?