sober almost 3 years and fell off wagon

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

sober almost 3 years and fell off wagon

Unread postby butterfly01pa » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi...I was sober a month short of 3 years. Felt great, and am going back to school. I have so much to be thankful for, but my husband became ill. He had 13 surgeries from May until October which culminated in an amputated foot. He was so ill, and had 3 bypass surgeries to his leg, due to diabetes. One night, when I thought he was going to die, my daughter had some friends over (yes all over 21), and I drank. I slept at the hospital every single night for months. Then in a few weeks drank again. Now I am drinking 3 beers and 2 double shots everyday. I cannot let this go on. My body feels like crap. When the hubby was in the hospital I missed 2 psych appointments;therefore I was without meds, and self medicated. I truly believe that if I had my meds this would have never happened. I was not sleeping at all, and the booze allowed me to sleep. Now I have to wait 6 weeks for meds because of waiting for a shrink appointment. I am afraid to go to local psych hospital, because if they know I am drinking they may not give me meds. DO I go , and not tell them, and take my meds? I would not drink with them. I am much too scared. I am so so embarrassed that I drank, because I was so looked up to, and my family was so proud of me. I am just lost. I do not want to drink at all. I am not even liking the taste of it, but I feel so manic, and it is the only relief I get.
butterfly01pa

Re: sober almost 3 years and fell off wagon

Unread postby Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:36 am

That is me,,,,, 3 years then fell off the wagon, struggleing to get back on, really missing the nice feeling of Freedom and Liberation that I had....

Unread postby to be Sober » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:18 pm

I am an Alchoholic and I had made a decision not to start back dringking after my son was born five years ago (I'm really good when I am pregenant didn't touch any)......was doing really well until three years into my sobriety I was millking cows every day and felt like a beer, my husband and I decided together that one beer every now and then would be ok......well I regret that day....I have had a really bad year and a half, I would manage a week then have a row of bad weeks....I did manage 28 days at one point then back down again.......I do want to stop......
now I was going to ask about how to get over that HUMP......but after reading some of the other posts I am going to oncerntrate on 1 day at a time...even if it's 1 minite at a time....Positive thoughts....I want to be clear headed...back to my usually self again...
to be Sober

Unread postby quinlan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:30 pm

I was sober for almost 5 yrs, had a relapse last July 2011..was fine till Jan. 2012 & finally stopped on Sunday. My family is literally so angry with me now..I really need help because they refuse to help me, have to do it myself. Going to my first AA meeting in a few days..there are no meetings tonight where I live.
quinlan

Unread postby Isabelle » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:45 pm

I put a good few years together after my 5 year old was born and I did regretfully drink while pregnant. Not abusively, but enough to make my husband of 15 years learn to hate me. He left 2 years ago and I stayed sober for about 7 months still after he left and then the pressure kept building and building. But I know I have been moving in a self destructive direction and I am trying to refocus on how good it felt when I had that sober time. Every day was a beautiful gift! I have a 13 year old, 12 year old and my 5 year old. I told them...mommy beat this once...she will do it again!!! Tell yourself the same thing and hand the self loathing over to hell..where it belongs! Good Luck to you and your family!
Isabelle

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion