I think we need help

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I think we need help

Unread postby Aidan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi all. New to this site and to recovery in general. My partner and I both like to drink and I think it's become a problem now. I want to be sober and stop drinking. Not sure what to do or where to start. Aidan
Aidan

Re: I think we need help

Unread postby Fifi » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi Aidan. I'm in the same boat. Although I don't drink every day when I do I drink until the bottle is empty or I pass out. I want to be a person that drinks responsibly but I don't even know if that's possible with me. My husband and I also smoke marajuana but drinking is my main problem. This past weekend was the first weekend I didn't drink in well over a year. It felt good to be strong and remember the entire weekend for once!! I'm taking it day by day and doing the best I can. My therapist recommends going to a meeting but I'm not there yet mentally.
Fifi

Re: I think we need help

Unread postby Guest » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 am

hi; you just have to take everything one day at a time. I'm also new to all of this. Drinking has gotten me into a lot of trouble this past year and i just want to stop drinking until i turn 21. lt's hard because that's all my friends do and if im in the same room I can't say no. I'm going to start this weekend i already got invited out but i think i am just going to pass. Remember it doesn't come over night, it might even take a couple tries but we can do this! :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 am.

Return to New to Recovery?