DAD HAS SEVERE LIVER DAMAGE DUE TO ALCOHOL

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

DAD HAS SEVERE LIVER DAMAGE DUE TO ALCOHOL

Unread postby JEFFINER » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:54 am

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TO ABOUT MY DAD. HE IS IN THE HASPITAL NOW I DON'T KNOW FOR HOW LONG. I'M NOT SURE HE IS GOING TO QUIT AND I DONT WANT HIM TO DIE IN MY HOUSE. (OR WATCH HIM DO IT ANY MORE) I HAVE 3 KIDS 13,6, AND 2 YEARS OLD. I DONT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THIS AGAIN. MY MOM DIED FEW YEARS AGO FROM HER OWN DOING. ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE?
JEFFINER

Re: DAD HAS SEVERE LIVER DAMAGE DUE TO ALCOHOL

Unread postby chulanasia » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:59 pm

I know you posted this some time ago, I do know what you are going through and really there is not much you can do to change him. Alcoholics have to make the decision to stop, they have to want help. When you try to do things yourself it only makes them angry and then you feel hurt because they are not accepting your help.I have lost both my parents to alcoholism, so I know that it is difficult to live with. What you should focus on is what you want to remember that is/was good about him and the good times you shared with him. I miss my parents and it hurts me that they were not apart of so many things in my life, although you have to understand that none of these things are your fault.
chulanasia

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism