I really want to help addicted people

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I really want to help addicted people

Unread postby cpaaymen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:38 pm

I just want to share my story to hopefully help others.
THIS IS MY STORY With Alcohol addiction :
My name’s Aymen Ennazih, I’m 30 years old, 10 years ago, I was a member of a basketball team in high school, I loved hanging out and partying with my friends. I drank alcohol, because it was all around me, Everyone was doing it, At every party everywhere I went, it was the norm. It was something I felt everyone did and I was supposed to do. I wasn’t close to my mom and dad, they warned me about this addiction. They said it was a dangerous thing for someone in my age to do. But I didn’t listen to them because I was very immature and young. Every time I drank I would wake up with more remorse. So the worse I felt, the more I had to drink. The need to drink is something that I can’t live without. So one day I’m sitting in my room and i was thinking ” what the hell I’m doing in this life ? What’s the meaning of this life if I will spend all of it in drinking ? Alcoholaddiction miss up my life .
Alcohol addiction Treatment Program
So I decide to try the meeting ! after 3 months of self-incrimination, shame and guilt . It doesn’t works, i tried to go to Addiction treatment recovery center , none of this works ! so I’ gaveup , I could not stop it but at least I cutting down it until that day ! The Day that Changed My Life Forever ,I remember when I receive a phone call from the police station , they told me that my parents died in a car accident …, my life is completely changed , after a this accident I started to drink again and ended up addicted. It’s like it’s water, It’s like you’re walking in the desert, and you’re searching for water. You finally find it, and you just can’t get enough of it. It’s definitely an addiction, and I couldn’t stop. I didn’t want to stop, and I didn’t know how to stop, even if I want . At first I didn’t think that I had a problem (Addiction ) . I completely have this under control was my constant thought. I thought ‘Oh, what’s wrong with drinking? Everybody drinks’ ( Symptoms of addiction )
One night , me and my best friend went to a party. we had been drinking, and I was driving too fast. The road was wet, and I slammed My Friend’s car into a tree. I spent months in the hospital. I had plenty of time to think about what had happened. So I Decide to Stop alcohol addiction , but with a strong hope ! I search the net! Until I find This Book ! Like all the others I don’t trust those books ! but this time ! I tried……. not expecting results ! I just tried ! but the surprise is this book saved my life !
My Life After Quitting addiction
After 9 Years. Things started off pretty good for me ,I don’t drink because of all the gifts that I’ve been given today, I don’t drink because my lovely wife and my son, I don’t drink because of my best friends., I have money to spend on my family and other things, because I’m not always spending it on alcohol.
Now i know that I made the right decisions and that it really worked for me just to keep my ground and keep respect of myself and still be strong and just keep saying ‘no’ to those people who keep pushing it on me cause I’ll be my own person. So what are you waiting for ! stop Alcohol addiction
Source blog : http://no-more-drink-alcohol.blogspot.com/
cpaaymen

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism