Inner Peace - How to maintain it?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Inner Peace - How to maintain it?

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:53 pm

Sometimes I feel tranquil, I think I feel inner peace. I can close my eyes and just float. I do not need to use.

But most of the time the other side takes over. I want to feel more inner peace and I start using thinking it will help. Then I lose all sense of peace.

How can I maintain an inner sense of calm :?:

Unread postby Guest » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:56 am

I go for the obvious, and it works each time: I pray.

Unread postby Guest » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:19 am

can you give some detail?

Unread postby Guest » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:33 am

try to understand why and when the other side takes over, what triggers your urge to use. take notes. look for a pattern. very soon it will become obvious. then you can work on it. and be free.

Unread postby Guest » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:42 am

Hi Guest, you mean details on how to pray? I simply ask for help and for strength, and I thank God for all I have.

How do you pray?

Unread postby Stimulatii » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:16 am

I would say this....

1. DONT USE. JUST FOR TODAY.

2.Make a NA meeting a regular part of your life. Reach out and get to know others who suffered as you now suffer. It really works to talk some things out. Also if possible, get a copy of the Basic Text, or some pamphlets.

3. If your insurance covers it, please go and see a doctor. Get a good view of where you are at physically.

4. Include a physical fitness regimen, no matter what your current weight or level of fitness is. You would be surprised at how much the body influences the mind. Feeling good without the use of substances and working out, even if it's just 10 pushups or situps a day can work miracles. That has been my experience.

5. Try reading spiritual material. Regardless of what your faith is, find some books that give positive suggestions. That is a part of re-training the brain to accept your current situation, but to also have hope for the future. It also helps you to retain thoughts about your particular faith.

6. Try to lead a well-regulated life. Be moderate in food and drink (unless it's water or fruit juice). Get enough sleep.

I think all of the above will help you develop a powerful momentum towards your recovery. There is a beautiful, youthful and joyful you inside. You will face some difficulties early on in recovery, but by following this path, you will new habits that will affect your life in a positive way. Each day clean, will reveal miracles that will amaze you.

Most importantly, DONT USE. TRY TO FIND A NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS MEETING TODAY.
A beautiful world awaits you. This is the begining of a new love affair for yourself and for others.
Proceed.
Stimulatii

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:39 pm

Very well said, Stimulatii. Thanks for your insight.

re:Soul Power

Unread postby alanb » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Look at a website called annamorten.com. She is a spiritual advisor from Australia who teaches about ones soul power. It changed my life.

Best,

Alan
alanb

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion