support needed

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

support needed

Unread postby guest » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:33 pm

Hi Out There

I am seeking positive support. I have been sober for almost 8 months now and I am finding that just being sober is not enough. I live in Ambler and I like to be active in the morning. I love to write and analyze poetry, song lyrics, movies and books. Evenings are not the best time for me, although if there is an active group in the area, I would consider an evening meeting. I guess I need to try out some different groups to see what they are like. Any suggestions?

Unread postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:02 pm

I don't know about Ambler, but there are some good meetings at night in the Abington area. Also have you tried online meetings?

Hi there

Unread postby ernie » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:56 pm

You should get out in the evening if that is the difficult time for you...change your old habits to new (they say it takes 21 days to form a new habit)...don't do the online meeting. Go out though...I dont know of a good meeting in your area sorry!
ernie

Unread postby fantaseas » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:49 pm

go to the Glenside Center....meetings all day long!
fantaseas

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism