Newly married husband addicted to percocet

This forum is for family and friends of people who are addicted to drugs
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Newly married husband addicted to percocet

Unread postby Christin1826 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:14 pm

I am newly married and I've known my husband had a problem but I thought he had stopped taking percocet. I recently realized he was using again and has been lying to me about it. He won't go to rehab cause he is worried about losing his job. I don't know how to handle this. I'm pissed cause I feel like I married a stranger and a liar. I don't believe anything he says. Is thus the beginning of the end? Is my life doomed? Also he won't tell his friends or family and I'm dealing with thus all by myself. Help!
Christin1826

Re: Newly married husband addicted to percocet

Unread postby rachael » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 pm

I have just joined this group and saw your post.

I am in a very similar situation. I got married 2 years ago and knew my husband was using Fentanyl but he told me he'd stopped after going to Detox. Then he started using again, but was in denial about his addiction, until I couldn't stand it any longer and started to figure out an exit strategy. He heard I had been talking to a divorce lawyer, and got really scared and stopped - I was with him when he was going Cold Turkey - it was really scary. When this was happening, he told me he'd had to go to detox for an addiction to Oxycontin, before I met him - but he never told me this when we were dating. I have 3 young children who I adopted as a single parent before I met him. Now he's pushing really hard to adopt them and become his legal parent, but I'm terrified he'll relapse and go back to his old ways, and the girls will get caught up in this nightmare. I've said that I want him to get into a recovery program, but he denies that he needs it and is currently refusing. The additional complication is that I am from England and have no family here and I'm worried that if he gets legal custody of the children I could get stuck here with an angry addict in denial, and never be able to go home. On the other hand, I love my husband, and want this marriage to work.

I would love any advice you or anyone else can give me.
rachael

Unread postby Norfolk77 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 am

take care of yourself, sorry for your pain,
Norfolk77

Unread postby chance06 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 am

My aunt (whom I live with) is going through this right now. with 3 kids oldest 13years old and been together since High school. about a week ago they were packing to come home from our family camper and my aunt found an unmarked bottle of pills. Methadone. She has finally had enough, after years of abuse and addiction she told him he had to leave, and she wants a divorce. The hardest thing she is coping with right now is the fact that she put some many years into something that never was. Oh and he hid it extremely well, had been using for at least 7 years. As a child that has grown up through addiction ridden family, please don't do that to your children. get out while you can. stay strong!
chance06

Unread postby Newly married » Sun May 05, 2013 7:15 pm

This has affected our family too. Christian, your husband is not being a Godly man and you do not have a marriage. You have a man engross in sin who is using you to avoid God's call on his life. Spare yourself and get out of the distorted relationship. It is not biblical marriage. You are not called to martyrdom for another person's sins. Jesus is the only person who can bear another person's sins. You are free to leave, separate from this man. He is making a mockery of the marriage. You do not love him, you love being needed. Jesus will fill that need. Let your husband feel the consequences of his sin. That is the only hope you/he has to turn from sin. He can stop if he wants to. The point is, he doesn't want to, not for you or anyone else. Get out and life the full life God intended for you. This relationship is keeping you from being all that he intended for you to be.
Newly married

Unread postby justwait@mail.com » Sun May 05, 2013 7:17 pm

I heard a pastor preach who worked closely with people who choose to take drugs rather than honor God for comfort. He asked an addict, "How do I know when an addict is lying". She replied, "Anytime we move our lips."
justwait@mail.com

Return to Family and Friends - Drug Addiction