I am unsure.

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I am unsure.

Unread postby MJM » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:30 pm

If AA is for me. On this side I do drink to excess always. I have lost days to drinking and have been drinking for 19 of my 36 years. On the opposite side I have never been arrested or lost my job because of drinking. I want to stop drinking completely.

I think the issue is finding a circle of people that do not drink as support. For instance I live in center city and ALL that is open is bars at night. Where do sober people go when it is 11 on a Friday?

Because of this lack of options I find myself returning to drinking and using it as a vice.

It is a circle I want to end.

Is AA the place?
MJM

Re: I am unsure.

Unread postby SARAHB » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:03 pm

THERE IS PLENTY TO DO! LATE NITE MEETINGS AND GOING OUR WITH OTHER PEOPLE LIKE US ARE KEY. REALLY GOING TO MEETINGS AND MEETING NEW PEOPLE WILL HELP AND GETTING A SPONSOR WILL ALSO HELP. I WAS NEVER ARRESTED AND ONLY LOST ONE JOB BUT ALWAYS HAD GOOD WORK HISTORY AND TOOK CARE OF A CHILD. IT ISN'T ABOUT WHAT YOU LOSE ITS ABOUT LOSING YOUR SANITY AND FEELING HOPELESS LIKE THERE IS NO END TO THIS WAY OF LIFE. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU I HAVE NEVER BEEN BORED SINCE GOING TO AA OVER 4 YEARS AGO, I GO ON TRIPS, LAUGH WAY MORE THAN I DID WHEN I WAS DRINKING. LIFE IS WAY MORE LIVABLE TODAY. GOOD LUCK!
SARAHB

Re: I am unsure.

Unread postby michael3418 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 am

Thank You for your response. Do you go in the city? If so what one maybe I would try to attend that one.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 am.
michael3418

Return to New to Recovery?