I had nothing until that silver coin!

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I had nothing until that silver coin!

Unread postby WastingAway » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 am

I am 3 days sober for the MILLIONTH time! The difference about this time is a small coin with "24 hours" etched into it. This coin has been my rock for 2 more days now, it lets me walk into AA meetings with my head held high, and lets me look my friends there directly in the eyes. If you've tried on your own and have failed like me, go to a meeting and pull the trigger. I have never felt so welcomed while still trembling with symptoms of withdrawal in my life. These people care like no one else does. I'm so glad I worked up the courage to open that door and walk in!
WastingAway

Re: I had nothing until that silver coin!

Unread postby s2k clean » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:01 am

best thing you could have ever done for yourself , work the program and live the dream !!!
s2k clean

Unread postby tomm » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:02 pm

As of right now Sunday Jan 6, 1101 pm I HAVE 4 DAYS clean....3 of them in hospital from an accident......I AM SO LOST.....PLEASE HELP
tomm

Unread postby Cryass » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:26 am

How hard is it to walk into a meeting in full blown withdraws ..... Day by day..... Can't even get off couch
Cryass

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion