am i in the wrong place? looking for help for my son

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

am i in the wrong place? looking for help for my son

Unread postby noizycrew » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 pm

This is the first time I've gone onto a chat room for alcoholics. I'm looking for help for my son. He's 24, just lost his job and live-in girlfriend because of his drinking. His girlfriend filed a PFA on him so now he can't go back there to live. Now we found out he just got a DUI with a hearing coming up. He just got out of detox/rehab and proceeded to drink. So now with no job, girlfriend, apartment, money, he comes home to mom. Now I find out he's drinking the mouthwash and cold medicine for the alcohol. I love my son but I just can't have him living with me again. He's a nightmare living with him like this. I'm scared to go to work or the store or even to sleep at night for fear of what he's doing while I'm away. So what do I do? He's so depressed and cries and cries which I haven't seen him do for probably 15 years. He said he just wants to die. I'm so worried, all I do is pray. I don't want to find him dead. Everything is a mess in his life right now so of course he's depressed. And of course then he drinks and drinks until he can't function. People tell me I need to kick him out. But where would he go? It's cold and he has no one to go to. But I can't stand living like this and I'm not helping him by living here. Is there a place he can go?
noizycrew

Re: am i in the wrong place? looking for help for my son

Unread postby jdavis » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm praying for you as well. Sounds like some sort of institution may be in order. You have the right to live a happy life without your constant worry. I wish I could do more, but want you to know that someone is praying for you and thinking about you.
jdavis

Re: am i in the wrong place? looking for help for my son

Unread postby 5108newhall » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:21 am

Praying for you too. He won't get help until he is ready but you can go to al anon, a recovery group for family members of alcoholics.
5108newhall

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion