new to site

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

new to site

Unread postby daddanelena16 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Everyday i say this day i will not drink and then i drink,this past week i took first step i believe i told my Doctor how much i drink? Now i have to take second step stop drinking! Well tomorrow i am going to try to stop drinking and Monday i hope to go to aa meeting.

Wayne From Levittown
daddanelena16

Re: new to site

Unread postby daddanelena16 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:54 pm

well still have not stopped drinking i hope tomorrow will be the day aft work at 7pm going to go to aa meeting hope i will go in i do want to stop?I just dont understand spent good day today with my kids we tossed softball around went out to eat for my sons birthday part time dad divorced but still get along with x we all had great day and what do i do start drinking i hate this ???
daddanelena16

Unread postby Rmmoses » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm

I've always had a major problem with drinking, since I was a teenager. I've been through so many hardships the past few years I found myself drinking heavily everyday for almost two years. I used to say the same thing...not going to drink...I'm on call...but I always did. I said "did" because it's been almost a month since my fiancé and I had a drink. We are both alcoholics enabling each other. He had lost total hope in his life bc of everything he is going through so we said enough is enough after trying many times. I think it's working this time. He has been on medication and with him staying strong I am too. He started a new job he is doing good at and I am getting good grades going to school online. The kids love we aren't drinking. It may take many times to become successful like someone trying to lose weight or smoke and believe me, I won't dare think I am successful if I can go at least two years then maybe. We don't know why we do what we do but it doesn't make you or my fiancé nor I bad people. It's an addiction, an outlet, it numbs our problems and hurts to face them. Hang in there keep trying. Honestly, I KNOW you are on the right track if you actually told your doctor the TRUTH.
Rmmoses

Unread postby Sheelah » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 am

Hello friend. Maybe you might have it a little backwards. The first step is simply admitting you are powerless over alcohol and when you drink your life is unmanageable. Just chew on that for a few days and get conversation going at a meeting about the first step. You're gonna be just fine. Stay close, and thank you for your rigorous honesty.
Sheelah

Return to New to Recovery?