Clubs in Philadelphia

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Clubs in Philadelphia

Unread postby Christoph » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm trying to find some active meeting groups in the area and also I'd like to know about clubs. I want to do some social activities with other folks who want to be sober. What kind of groups do folks go to? What are your experiences? What do you like to do?

Oh, is anyone familiar with or go to the "4021 Club" on 4oth & Walnut? What's it like? I'm curious about it. The building looks really nice.
Christoph

Re: Clubs in Philadelphia

Unread postby JSninja1990 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:49 pm

What part of philly are you looking for meetings at? There are alot..and also, if you're trying to stay clean I don't think going clubbing is the best idea..just being honest :P
JSninja1990

Unread postby Christoph » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Oh, I wasn't meaning dance clubs or night clubs. Club-houses. Regular "club" in the old sense of the word. Social organizations. The 4021 Club is on 40th & Walnut and hosts AA meetings and acts as a social hub and has done so for about 60 years. I wonder if anyone on here is familiar with it? I live in South Philly, but can get virtually anywhere around the city.
Christoph

Unread postby Andywin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 am

This is what I'm interested in.Welcome to contace me.

Return to New to Recovery?