first time online

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

first time online

Unread postby mattheew » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:51 pm

I just signed up to this forum. I am a recovering addict looking to talk with other recovering addicts. I am unable at the present time to attend meetings so I read the NA book to keep clean. It has been doing wonders reading, but I would like to reach out to others here.
mattheew

Re: first time online

Unread postby Spike » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:17 am

I hope you continue to stay clean but the literature is only one part of the recovery process. Meetings are a big part along with sponsorship. Do you have a sponsor or a home group? All of these components help so much to stay clean.
Spike

Unread postby mattheew » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:32 pm

I have a meeting almost every night with my girlfriend. We read out of the NA book and I just bought another book called Living Clean, the Journey Continues. I look forward to making meetings, I have a sponsor though. He understands that I have social anxiety so he is giving me time to get into the rooms. Another problem I have is when people at the meetings (I've attended in the past) pushed me out because of my God-dependence. I trust that GOD will work out these issues. I look forward to getting to meetings with other recovering addicts. Thank you for responding.
mattheew

Unread postby Kf1326 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:51 pm

First time online,I have four years clean but just trying to get bak into meetings,past year I have been so miserable n just unhappy n angry and it won't go away I felt remarkably better my first year doing meetings I want it back I can't take another day like this next meeting goin to isn't until tommorow at 830,so just need some advice anything
Kf1326

Unread postby kethy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:53 am

I first time contribute in any forum to share my opinions with others and get some information about the whole universe from them. I hope many people’s are enter in different community and expand their knowledge so now I hopeful for me to expand my knowledge level. I am sure you like my joining and enjoy my opinions and thoughts.
kethy

Unread postby also my first time » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:03 am

its my first time doing and online post site aabout addiction also... does anyone know how long it takes for you post to be approved nd b posted online?
also my first time

Unread postby kristin1029 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:40 pm

hello my names kristin, im from mayfair, philadelphila. i dont get to go to meetings alot only like 2 or 3 times a week because my parents are very strick on me and i work alot and and im a single mother of a three year old so i dont have a babysitter all the time and my parents have temp. custody of my son so they will not let me bring him to meetings also so its very hard for me to ask them to watch him all the time. im stuck in a very sucky situation. i do have a home group i do have a sponser and im reading on my steps and pretty much doing what im saposed to for the most part but i still feel like crap like im not doing enough for my recovery. i have 67 days today. its a very big deal to me because i had 22 months a year ago and i wasent working the program and when i went in and out of it i never stayed long enough to get past my thirty day key tag. and now being able to get sixty days in it is awsome for me.My dad has been very suppotive with me lately. my mom is a recovering addict she has 11 years clean but she went to meetings for a year and stopped so shes very miserable in her life everyone tells me that shes a dry drunk. but se its crazy shes always up and down up and down, hot n cold hot n cold. like i never know what her mood is going to be and it really effects me. now i know im still working on my first three steps i actually just was saposed to start my third step but i still really practice the first step by making myself relise that i am powerless over other people and i cant let it affct me..some days im good with it other days no so much but im trying...alsoooo relationships? i know im crazy for even saying that word so early on in recovery but can some people tell me there point of views on recovery and dating someone in recovery who has clean time under there belt but what are your guys thoughts on that? who ever reads this thank you for taking the time and reading this and i hope someone reaches out to me...also im saposed to speak on thanksgiving day at my home group for a marathone meeting and i am really nervous we are having one meeting that a new commer and and old timer are speaking at and im the new commer that will be speaking and im really nervous and i just get in my head thinking i am not going to have anything to offer someone i dont know if am saposed to tell my story or what im saposed to do? im saposed to talk about what im greatful for iam greatful for alot of things but as soon as i get in my head its all negitive and i feel like im just going to embaress myself speaking...some pointers please!!! thanks guys!!!
kristin1029

Unread postby live-laugh-love » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:14 pm

I am new at this. I am unable to go to meetings due to being on home confinement. It seems crazy that somebody out of prison would be kept from seeking a health support system. I hope to find support this way until I am able to go to meetings myself. I look forward to your feedback.
live-laugh-love

Unread postby mmwork » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:40 am

The first tip for WOW Gold Alchemy is [url=http://www.rsgoldfast.com/]Cheap Runescape Gold[/url] that you should not cost your gold to buy items at the Community public auction House. If you always buy items there, it will spend a lot of [url=http://www.royalwowgold.com/]Cheap WOW Gold[/url] your WOW gold and you will also absence of gold.
mmwork

Return to Drug Addiction