Addicted to Both???

This forum is for family and friends of people who are addicted to drugs
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Addicted to Both???

Unread postby Devon4 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Where do you go for help when you know someone that's addicted to both drugs and alcohol?
Devon4

Re: Addicted to Both???

Unread postby mattheew » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:42 am

I would pray for that person, that GOD will help the addict realize his illness and get help. When I couldn't find help anywhere, and an intervention wasn't possible, GOD was there to stir me to right place. Don't forget to pray for yourself, that you have strength to endure.
mattheew

Re: Addicted to Both???

Unread postby Devon4 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks Mattheew! A blessing in disguise may have presented itself. Its gonna be rough but we'll see. He's facing possible jail time or a treatment type program for First time DUI offenders.
This DUI was from almost 2 years ago but nothing was ever done about it. I don't believe it was ignored deliberately, sometimes life gets in the way. But he was pulled over by the police for (allegedly) a faulty brake-light last night. Car was towed. My cousin's husband happens to be a lawyer and stated that he WILL go to jail for all of the things that accumulated over time that we/he did nothing about. One of those things was to go to that program. Either way its gonna cost a pretty penny that I do not have, and his family probably doesn't care enough to contribute to. Not sure how I feel about any of it. No car means no job, jail-time means no car, no job. His usage seems to increase when he's not working but if he's in jail then....................(shrug)
Devon4

Return to Family and Friends - Drug Addiction