Looking for a decent church

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Looking for a decent church

Unread postby cap131313 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:02 am

i live in Delaware County and can go up to the Main Line area. I am not Catholic and don't want a Born-Again church either
(been there, done that). I would just like an active church with lots of things to do such a pot luck, womens outings and
things like that. I am done with all the Bible studies and am just looking for something social and would like to have
more things to do other than eating out!
cap131313

Re: Looking for a decent church

Unread postby cap131313 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi! In my experience, you might look for Lutheran, Methodist, or Presbyterian. They are "mainline" Protestant, and don't force you to do what you don't want to do. Not all are alike, some have few activities, some many, but they will have something through the month and good worship. Also commonly openminded to have a meeting two in their building through the week. Good luck with your looking.
cap131313

Unread postby bobabooey » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:42 pm

If you do not want to accept Jesus and study the Bible, then why are you going to church? Join some other social group. Church is a place to worship God.
bobabooey

Unread postby Katarina806 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 am

Have you ever looked into a Unitarian church? I have gone to the Unitarian Church in Wayne a few times and really loved it. Unitarian really aligns with my beliefs (I dont like religions that tell me homosexuality is a sin etc because I have friends and relatives who are gay and it's not a sin, they were born that way!). http://mluc.org/
Katarina806

Unread postby wjpp » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 pm

I am Catholic but I would say either Episcopal or Unitarian as more open. Recently an AA group (gay) was bounce out of a catholic facility and the Lutherans took them in. So much for inclusiveness.
wjpp

Unread postby wjpp » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Well I grew up Roman Catholic and Eastern rite Catholic. I love God, I pray and meditate. I am open to all religions, persuasions and traditions. After all isn't God? Hope you all are well and feel someplace where you can integrate religion and spirituality. Peace.
wjpp

Unread postby empty516 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:47 am

You might want to try investigating any Unitarian/Universalist churches. UUCDC in Media is one great church and their is another on the Main Line.
Check them out! I think you'd find this church refreshing!
empty516

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion