cant stay sober

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Re: cant stay sober

Unread postby ggjune14 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 pm

i can understand howvyou feel. i am so unhappy with my life i moved here an find myself using just to do something just to be. i m lonley . just to go to work and make money to give it up on drugs, and work and over and over again.i m going to do something differt aqnd go to a meeting see if i cam meet people that feel the same way i do . i need to be strong and change and as god to help me
ggjune14

cant stay sober

Unread postby collegekid552 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:27 am

i seem to fall back into my old habits only days after drinking. my usual pattern consists of a weekend binge followed by an effort to not drink. I have no problem abstaining for short times but its like i "forget" my desire to stop and go back to binging. I have been able to stay somewhat successful (graduated from college and held a good job) but i feel that it is because i have been able to hold on that is why i am still drinking. I have a history of smoking pot (10 yrs) and have managed to stay clean for the last 3 months with no issue. It has also been my pattern of quitting one substance for a time period and switching to another before going back to the original use patterns. i have maintained good relationships in my life but im getting to a point where it is no one but me choosing to do this. i have both using and non using friends so it is not my social circle, i seem to use the same regardless of whos company i am in. I would just like some advice about how to not forget my desire to stop drinking soon after...i just feel that i have a way of minimizing/telling myself that im okay to continue. i guess i feel like i just dont know any other way to be...? i am starting to give serious thought about getting sober but need some help!!!!

THanks
collegekid552

Unread postby drunk » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:44 am

Honestly man I am the exact same way. Hopefully both of us can figure it out, only for me I am pretty sure my wife is going to leave me soon if I dont stop.

Good luck bro.

-A Drunk guy.
drunk

Unread postby lvinsober » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:48 am

you need o get yourself to a meeting. I have been clen and sober for sometime I dont count years I go day to days.I first started with 3 meetings a day because i was so scared of using again. I did that foor the first 6 motnhs and now i still go to meetings just incase there is someone out there like you who needs help

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:48 am.
lvinsober

Unread postby Mercy164 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:04 pm

I did that for 25 years. I spent up all my money on drugs and booze. My family was hurt, embarrassed, and terrified I was going to die. I came in and out of 12 step meetings, but i never did get it. I realized later that I really never let someone teach me all 12 steps. I had only done the first 3 or less of them. I have almost 9 years now. You can do this. If you are ready....
Mercy164

Return to New to Recovery?