Recovery Mission for Women

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Recovery Mission for Women

Unread postby mommysdober » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:22 pm

There is a recovery house that caters to the spiritual needs of women. Without the spiritually part of my recovery I would not have achieved 14 years in this process. Thru the twelve steps and my recovery pastor as my spiritual sponsor and my recovery sponsor I have achieved this mile stone. There is a waiting list now forming contact me at mommysober16@gmail or look me up on facebook. We must remain in constant contact with our higher power to achieve freedom.
mommysdober

Re: Recovery Mission for Women

Unread postby recoveryingjd » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:31 pm

I am new to this site. I am going on 5 years clean; I have a sponsor and 2 sponsees. I work and live to the best of my ability the 12 steps. I have changed a lot over the years of being clean and one of the main things I have changed is having to have a man to define me. My sponsor suggested my first year to not get into a relationship of any kind and I followed her suggestion. I have not been in a relationship since I have been clean. These past few months it has effected me more than I like so I joined a dating site on line and I have experienced different feelings and emotions of all the intention. I have actually met 2 men off the site and took further than I wish I had. I have realized that the excitement I feel of my heart racing and the feeling of being wanted has overwhelmed me. I am having flashbacks of old behaviors and I believe that I am living in fantasy rather than reality. I want to be wanted but not just sexually. I have gained a lot being single and nonsexual over the years and I don't know if it's because I am not ready or don't know how to handle it. Any suggestions would be appreciative in this matter. I am open to suggestions and change.
recoveryingjd

Return to Drug Addiction