My Name is Mike & I'm a Dry Drunk

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

My Name is Mike & I'm a Dry Drunk

Unread postby turnitover » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi folks, this is my first post here. While I have been "dry" for a very long time, I am not practicing the principles of the program, attending meetings, etc. My biggest challenge has always been with emotional sobriety and replacing alcohol with sex/romance, food, spending, etc. For me, these forces have been almost as destructive as booze. I'm coming up on 26 years of D & A abstinence, but I really can't consider myself "sober". Can anyone recommend any meetings that might be a little more "progressive", in that these kinds of issues are openly discussed? I live in the Springfield, Delaware County area. Thanks for reading.
turnitover

Re: My Name is Mike & I'm a Dry Drunk

Unread postby Donna E » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Mike,
Meetings are not progressive, only the concepts and the people are.
Your issues are the same as many other people and there is no better place to help address them with humor, empathy and salt.
Meetings may have the patina of 1938, but they are a solid basis or foundation for living a more honest, to self and then others, existence. I know of nowhere else in life where so many different people are attempting to be all they should be; whole and full of a more free and joyous existence.
I would suggest finding a rural meeting full of farm folk, lol!
You will find the same principles for a new life there as in a big city full of academics, type of meeting.
Kudos to discovering your dryness is not living up to what you could expect.
Take a real shot and go for it.

PS, I am new here, waiting to see if my new topic is going up. I am seeking people in Yardley PA area to 12 step my sister who is somewhat quickly perishing from alcoholism. I am sober for over a couple decades now, myself.
The best to you!
Donna E

Unread postby diablo3zss » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:12 am

Hi people, this is my first publish here. While I have been "dry" for a while, I am not exercising the concepts of the system, participating conferences, etc. My greatest task has always been with psychological sobriety and changing liquor with sex/romance, meals, investing, etc. For me, these causes have been almost as dangerous as liquor. I'm arriving up on 26 decades of D & A abstinence, but I really can't consider myself "sober". Can anyone suggest any conferences that might be a little more "progressive", in that these types of problems are freely discussed? I reside in the Springfield, De Nation place. Thanks for studying.at http://www.mmo2buy.com/RS2007-Gold.html
diablo3zss

Unread postby hardis » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:18 pm

o you like RS or WOW game?If your answer is yes,I think you should try mmo4pal!We pay close attention to prices which are updated every day to ensure the most reasonable price.You can get more surprise here:http://www.mmo4pal.com/
hardis

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion