Newbie saying hi

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Newbie saying hi

Unread postby alisam » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:38 am

Hi, my name is Jen and i have just registered on here. My drinking has got out of control (again!!) and i need to stop for myself and my babies. Hoping to get help and support as i cannot get to groups in person. Looking forward to a new start and hopefully new friends. :)
Blessed Be.
alisam

Re: Newbie saying hi

Unread postby jdavis » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:54 am

we were all newbies at one time
you've taken the first step here.
good luck
you can do it
as long as you really want to!!!!!!
jdavis

Unread postby amrohr » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 am

So why can't you get to meetings in person? There are so many at different times. I wish you luck.
amrohr

Unread postby alisam » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:39 pm

Sorry only just seen the replies, didn't get notification.
I can't get to one because of where i live and because i have 2 young children.
alisam

Unread postby leaving las vegas » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pm

hello everyone. new to this hope it helps :D
leaving las vegas

Unread postby Bobbi1210@aol.com » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi, Newbie. I am a "Newie" once again. Was sober for 2 years and then the shit hit the fan
Bobbi1210@aol.com

Unread postby Bobbi1210@aol.com » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:31 pm

My name is Bobbi and I am TOTALLY new to this ONLIne Meetings. Only have gone to REGular mtgs. I thought it would be interesting and helpful to meet some people on line. I hope someone could / would reach out to me for help. I need support outside of the "AA MEETINGS" So , like I said, I am new to this and will need some help. Hope someone reaches out to me.
:)
Bobbi1210@aol.com

Unread postby marthaa3 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi Bobbi,
Glad you reached out to other who may be able to understand better than those who do not have this problem.
For me it's been helpful to reach out at least every other day online.
I don't feel 100% comfortable talking with my husband.
I think it really helps the situation to be honest to someone and to also reach out and help others.
You are able to reach out to your children and help be the best mom you can be today.
Stay in connection with people who help you and away from those who do not.
Martha
marthaa3

Unread postby MAtt » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:28 am

Hello, Iv'e been sober for 2 years and change. I came to the crossroads after being hit by a freight train, a divorce, a few weeks in the big house, and a summer filled with self-inflicted injury.what has kept me sober has been the memory of how my brain chemistry is affected by alcohol: Namely instant asshole.
I have found a different addiction that is much more helpful Travel, and bicycling. thankfully I found a job that supports both, It's been hard to get to meetings, but, not hard to stay sober, even if the people I work with are a bunch of lushes. I get reminded of why i enjoy staying sober when I watch them get pulled out of a taxi cab and dumped outside the hotel. all the same, what I am writing to tell is this: find a helpful hobby, some thing you love to do and immerse yourself in it. Be it gardening, mountain climbing, scrapbooking, collecting stamps, rollerblading, or find something you always wanted to do, say play the guitar, piano, drums, or write a book. find what makes you happy and use it to keep you sober as well.
I hope this message helps all those struggling.
MAtt
MAtt

Unread postby diablo3zss » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:10 am

A lot of individuals nowadays have serious problems that a 4th phase stock cannot fix. or the conferences alone. To be able to cure any habit, it is always best to create sure someone is not just trying to get straigh and just needs time. The experts still don't understand that a psychological sickness or someone who has gone through a structural close relatives needs help outside the system. But with most, the legal courts and physicians just toss them into conferences as the greatest remedy.I believe for the psychological problems a lot of individuals have and deliver them to get the help they really need. Yes do not consume or use but simultaneously, get the help they need first. Many periods individuals in AA and NA try to http://www.fifacoins2buy.com/ perform Dr. or power their sobriety on them like their way is the only way. I went through this myself and aside from conferences, I had to get expert help or like many I would have consumed or used again. In the next few decades the healthcare community is operating towards a new therapy instead of just tossing individuals into a system.
diablo3zss

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion