how do i stop getting "tricked"!!!

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

how do i stop getting "tricked"!!!

Unread postby orange » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:06 am

i am an alcoholic....i have been in and out of aa since i was14...the longest i have ever been sober is about6 months....its not that i drink everyday (anymore), but when i drink it is non stop i just don't stop until of course i pass out...i recently decided to try and not drink for 1 year to see if i could do it!i like waking up feeling good and not questioning my night! of course i only made it for 12 days!! now i feel shitty about myself and feel bad for the people i love who dont want me to drink.... i let them down as well as myself! i am sick of my brain tricking me into thinking i will be fine if i only have 1....deep down i know 1 is really a million! how do i stop letting my brain trick me?
orange

Re: how do i stop getting "tricked"!!!

Unread postby lizadoo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:08 am

I think you would really benefit from going to AA meetings.

I have found it's imperative to get the right "tools" to stay sober and to also stay in a good space in your mind- this is MUCH more doable when you are involved in AA

good luck- you CAN do this
lizadoo

Re: how do i stop getting "tricked"!!!

Unread postby kunukie512 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:11 pm

Just take it one day at a time join a group or attend some AA meetings. Dont hang around ppl that drink. Good luck God bless

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue May 27, 2014 4:11 pm.
kunukie512

Return to New to Recovery?