in the begining

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

in the begining

Unread postby saucy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:52 am

Today is day 6 for me! I am trying my best to take it one day at a time,i cant help but think of up coming events....for instance holidays! It seems easy now because the shame i felt is still pretty fresh, i will try to push out of my mind the thoughts of worrying about upcoming events and just focus on today! Another thing off the subject, why is no one ever posting anything!
saucy

Re: in the begining

Unread postby saucy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:43 am

Well i have now not boozed in 8 days, and currently am working on day 9!!!! I had thought this weekend might be more of A callenge than i had thought, but it wAsnt too bad! I even was offered some alcohol and did. ot take it! I know it is still early in the game of sobriety but its a start and i will continue to be thankful and proud of my accomplishment, any progress big or small is still great!
saucy

Unread postby saucy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:03 pm

Well, here i am again......Day 10..... still a work in progress... But then again who isnt everyday of their lives?!? I look forward to tommorrow and its challenges!!!!
saucy

Unread postby saucy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 pm

day11.....made it thus far....i only have 2 hrs and some change till its officially been made, i feel pretty confident that i will make it! Today i worked on acceptance, not just for accepting the fact that i cant drink the way i wish i could ! But also accepting the way other people are and the way life is for this moment! And life today was good, at least my outlook on it was good, of course that always helps! Well until tomorrow people! ( That is if there is anyone else thats been on here recently, if not im glad to be able to post my thoughts!)
saucy

Unread postby saucy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Day 12- Still in progress
Today i am working on self worth! I have been thinking about how good it feels when you wake up and there is no one you have to apologize to because of being in a drunken stupor! Yes i know, i am still only 12 days in, but it still feels good! I think about how much of my life i have missed being drunk and not remembering because 9 times out of 10 i blackout from drinking, and all the times i missed because i was so hungover i had what i thought nothing left to do but drink the hangover away! I missed a lot of days, nights, moments and people! I feel like i am worth more than that! I am grateful that i woke up today not hungover, not drunk, not depressed, and not completely ashamed! I know somedays i will feel feelings i dont want and hopefully they wont be because i let the drunk in me fool myself!
saucy

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion