New too AA

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

New too AA

Unread postby Bella bee » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:11 am

Hi there I went too my first AA meeting last night and it was over whelming. I need too do this for myself but everywhere k turn someone's talking about drinking or going out for New Year's Eve. What are some good tools too help me go through this battle.
Bella bee

Re: New too AA

Unread postby Meditation916 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:57 pm

I would make a couple of suggestions because this is a real tough time to get sober.
1. Get to a meeting every day for the foreseeable future
2. Get a temporary sponsor; this is not a long term relationship, just someone to help with your questions, find meetings, a person to call when you want to take a drink etc
3. Read the a First a Step every morning and every night for the next week

Hope this helps. Nothing like going to a meeting, telling everyone you are new and couple use some suggestions.
Peace and blessings
Meditation916

Re: New too AA

Unread postby ctrupp1220 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:32 pm

It's Def a tough time to get sober and from my experience changing people places and things has been very helpful to me in my journey of sobriety. Daily meeting is also very helpful and also sharing your concern in meeting
ctrupp1220

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion