8 years sober and looking for sober people to hang out with!

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

8 years sober and looking for sober people to hang out with!

Unread postby jason61872 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:35 am

My name is Jason, I'm 8 years sober. It's been 8 years since I had a meaningful relationship. I hang out with my friends, who all drink. Recently, after 8 years I feel uncomfortable. I haven't hung out in the bars with them in 2 months. Feeling lonely now. Not depressed though, if that makes sense. I was wondering if I go to an aa meeting will help me. I was there once, but it was court ordered. It didn't me much to me then. If I go now will it help me become more social with people. I'd like to hear from some of you.
jason61872

Re: 8 years sober and looking for sober people to hang out w

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Hi Jason,
Meetings are a great place to meet people. Churches are too, if you go. Also, you could start going to a gym. Or you could think about volunteering somewhere! All of those places will be great for meeting new friends and I am sure you will find many who don't drink or who don't build their lives around drinking.
Good luck and check back in!

Unread postby Kennedyim » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:54 pm

Thats where you will begin to make sober friends!
Kennedyim

Unread postby Cavediver » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:32 am

Another vote for meetings...I have gained many sober friends and have become aware of many more sober social events than I am able to attend. I am a bit of an introvert naturally, especially around people I don't know, but it was even easy for me to make friends :). AA peeps are kinda pushy in a loving way, so once I got beyond the "you people are stalkerish" mentality, I am glad they were, my life has been richer for it!
Cavediver

Unread postby purpilstar@gmail.com » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:13 pm

My name is Doreen I will have 15yrs on June 2.I have not celabrated a anniversary in many years. I don't no anyone in pa. Only my coworkers. I am interested in meeting people like myself. I am new to pa . I am trying to meet friendly men and women. I am going stir crazy. Please Help!
purpilstar@gmail.com

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion