can it happen for me?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

can it happen for me?

Unread postby Shellbell66 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:02 pm

I have been trying so hard to quit drinking I go a few days and then my weak character gives in and I am back to it. I feel helpless like I will never overcome this ...I am starting over today any support or advise would be appreciated!! Thank you!! :D
Shellbell66

Re: can it happen for me?

Unread postby TomF » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Find an AA group and start going to meetings.
TomF

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:29 pm

You can do it! I agree - find a meeting and a group - that will be key in helping you get your feet under you and in staying away from alcohol.
Good luck!

Unread postby booze 62 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:26 pm

I get drunk but we stay sober. I walked into the door of an AA meetings over 3 and half decades ago and I am still coming back. I like to remember simple things, like the slogan I quoted in the beginning. I was like you or at least, like what you have told me. The fellowship of AA gave me back the me, I never really knew! I always say that I have meet some of the most wonderful people in the world in AA meetings. I was not by any stretch of the imagination a wonderful person, when I first walked through the doors, but they told me I didn't have to live like that anymore. In time I came to realize, what a wonderful gift I had been given. I didn't have to worry about where the next drink was coming from or who was making decisions for me or about me! I even know what year it is and who is president. My friend, try finding an A.A meeting and you just might find more understanding than you have known in your life! I know I did!
booze 62

Unread postby guest » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:24 am

I will answer the question will it happen for me? with a question: Can you just stay sober today? ways that helped me stay sober for 20 years were: 1 I prayed for GOD to take away the obsession to drink and get high. 2 I went to a ton of meetings, and still do. 3 I stayed away from people places and things. 4 I help someone get a day sober. 5 I did a gratitude list when I thought I had nothing, it changed my life and the way I look at things. At the time I had no money or material things but I discovered the important things. like, I could read and write and walk and talk and think and listen and learn, despite doing every thing I could to destroy my self, I still had another chance. So do you, now make the most of it!

Unread postby shrek123 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:42 am

I will answer that question with a question. Can you just stay sober today? I suggest praying and asking GOD to help you.
shrek123

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion