all my mistakes due to alcohol

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

all my mistakes due to alcohol

Unread postby bkmurray » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:43 am

I'm new to this. I knew I had a problem and thought I could work through it alone. I know now I was terribly mistaken. I hit rock bottom last week and attempted suicide. Doctors said I was lucky and it wasn't my time. That's why I'm here.
bkmurray

Re: all my mistakes due to alcohol

Unread postby lesj » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 pm

I'm new to this website. I just joined. I tried to work through this myself and I have come to realize I can't. If I don't get help I'll lose everything. If I lost my kids it's really scary to think about what would become of me.
lesj

Unread postby MandyLynn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Seems like were all suffering from the devastating consequences of alcohol addiction. We all have a shitty story, unfortunately. I'm only 29 and I have pretty much ruined my life. Long story. Anyway, I'm not in a position to help anybody....but I can offer support in the form of two ears and a heart that actually gives a damn. If you need to talk, message me. Hoping all is well with everyone. Addiction is shitty.
MandyLynn

Unread postby jimt21159@gmail » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:02 pm

The best gift you can give yourself is to get a Home Group and a Sponsor. This action will not be a mistake. It is the beginning of a new life. Meet people, AA is a "fellowship" this is important. I was a loner and did not adhere to the advice of Home Group and Sponsor. I am my worst enemy. Thank to my Higher Power and the Fellowship of AA; I celebrated 31 years sober this past February 2014.
jimt21159@gmail

Unread postby Agavered » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:04 pm

What is the problem? Could you tell us?
Agavered

Unread postby booksbybierman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:45 am

Booksbybierman
Hi,
I am also new at this and have pretty much ruined my career and most importantly my marriage. I need help but can not afford a professional but am going to try this site and AA hopefully we will make a come back together as we work through our addiction
booksbybierman

Unread postby msteffens0609 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi. I have been going through on and off for the last 4 or 5 years. It's terrible. I know how I feel when I stop drinking so I don't understand why I keep doing it. It feels great to be sober. I live a lie. My husband drinks too and I act like I don't anymore. I hate living like this.
msteffens0609

Unread postby Natash1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:29 pm

Hey all, I know and am counting the mistakes. I've missed weddings, funerals, etc., because I put booze before things that really matter. It progressed over the past 15 years. I am grateful to still have a decent job. I got a DUI a year ago, and tomorrow I go on house arrest for 10 days. Wish me luck, as tomorrow will be my first day in a very long time, of not having any alcohol. I've only gone to one AA meeting, but it was uplifting and made me feel a whole lot better. Let me know how you all are making out with things. Best of luck!
Natash1

Unread postby emack » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:13 am

I think what keeps me going is the fact that I can not change what I've done or did not do.i count my blessing everyday but often think of the people I hurt along the way.i use those mistakes as reminders of what I don't want to be.i know I can't change theses things that I've done but I can make changes that will make sure I don't have to worry about it.
emack

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion