seeking help got a few questions

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

seeking help got a few questions

Unread postby eddogg409 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:27 am

ok so its been yrs and ive finally come to the decision to quit using and im having troubles seeking help the way I feel comfortable doing and I feel a lot of these rehabs push to hard on certain things and aren't so open minded as they claim to be
eddogg409

Re: seeking help got a few questions

Unread postby eddogg409 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:53 am

I feel confused really confused I been told so many different thing and im feeling selfish but I want to fell better im ready now more then ever in my life do I really have to go into it that deep like I get it I need help I need support but don't I also need comfort as in feeling good about doing it and not pushed this way or that way isn't there a way people will consider your feelings and accept them and work from there I understand my decisions have been poor and got me in this mess but im no dummy I will get outta this but its frustrating hearing this is it the only way
eddogg409

Re: seeking help got a few questions

Unread postby calyn » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:28 am

You sound a lot like me. I've been an addict for ten years. I have a fiancé that only criticizes my addiction and never supports me or tries to understand addiction. I can't leave him at the moment because I have no job, and have nowhere to go. Plus I have an 18 year old daughter who is still in high school and lives with me. I'm clueless as to how I am going to get out of the mess I'm in. I've never told anyone else about it, never did the online chat thing until yesterday, and I think I will start with an N/A meeting. You're not alone. You've helped me to see that I am not alone either. Addiction is a very selfish disease and has turned me into a person I hate.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:28 am.
calyn

Return to New to Recovery?