participation

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

participation

Unread postby bkmurray » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:33 am

I see there's 20 people on here and nobody is typing a word. Can't help or be helped with silence.
bkmurray

Re: participation

Unread postby MandyLynn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Very true. I just joined. Hoping this site isn't dead. Anyway, my name is Mandy. Just wanted to say HELLO! Lol
MandyLynn

Unread postby Guest » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:45 pm

I met a friend on this site and we've been continuing to help each other. Some junk get's through but I think this is a great resource.
I'm still not sure if I'm an alcoholic. I know I screw up from time to time.
My friend and I matched each others habits a bit so that's how we bonded. we have since been emailing and even texting.
I think more participation is very good for everyone.
I know that I"m guilty of not putting anything out there for a long time

Unread postby jdavis » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:09 am

Hey, let's talk it up out there. I'm happy to be alive today, how bout you? Folks need to hear from us whether we think we're winners or losers. This site has been a great vehicle for me.
jdavis

Unread postby Natash1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi, I am new to this site, and find it helpful, especially the meeting locations and times. I went on a tear about a week ago, with lots of vodka and wine for a few days straight, and woke up with such bad tremors that I went to the hospital. I cut down to a few beers or wines since. Today is the first day I'm going without drinking anything. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for what to eat/drink when I crave a drink, other than clean or cook, which I am already doing. Other than last weeks tear, I'm a daily habitual drinker, after work and days off only, for the past 20 years. I will attend my 1st meeting tomorrow. I agree that more participation is needed, it seems like no one is ever here, or posting/chatting. Thanks and good luck everyone!
Natash1

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion