i need help

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

i need help

Unread postby lesj » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:46 am

Hi. This is my first time posting. I don't drink everyday but when I do I overdo it. I have 2 small kids and I know if I don't stop I'll lose them and that is horrifying. The thought of not being able to drink bothers me. I'd lice to have a glass of wine or two but apparently I cant. I feel like a horrible wretched person and my husband is about to leave me. I need to find my strength somehow. And I'm so scared.
lesj

Re: i need help

Unread postby bkmurray » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:14 pm

There are thousands of us that took that first step. My strongest advice is frequent meetings. They have helped me immensely but you can feel free to share on here or with me personally. I'll be looking for you as well as praying for you. I drank for 30 yrs and l never want to be that person again. I look to my children and grandchildren for forgiveness and guidance. I wish you the best.
bkmurray

Re: I need help

Unread postby johnster59 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:23 pm

I also realize that I need help with my drinking. I can be sober for periods of time but eventually I get weak and go right back to wanting a few drinks and caving in to the addiction. I realize I can not just have one drink and must focus on saving my marriage and staying sober. I intend to start attending meetings tomorrow. I would like to find meetings where I feel comfortable. When I am ready to speak I will. I thought I could do it on my own; I can not. I am 54 years old.
johnster59

Re: You are not alone

Unread postby kabfuture » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:05 am

I am a mother of 3 spending mothers day morning alone, my children are fed up with me. I had 6 months of sobriety and thought I could control my drinking, but the need came back with a rage. I want to again be free of the demon. I need to start today, not tomorrow, and pave a different path, once again. It feels so heavy and exhausting, failure is horrible. I am going to a meeting today, to start again.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:05 am.
kabfuture

Return to New to Recovery?