Second DUI

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Second DUI

Unread postby leslie2614 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:44 am

Hello all. Im new here. I just got my second DUI on saturday. Thats 2 in one year. This time a hit another car. I need help. Its a miracle i didnt hurt anyone else. But i fear if i dont stop drinking i may end up killing myself or another. The excessive drinking started 5 years ago after my fathers death. I used drinking to shut off my emotions about it. That didnt work yet i continue to drink. Its just not fun anymore. I was looking to meet some sober people since i know very few where i live. Any thoughts or comments from any one i would very much appreciate the support. Last drink i had was 1030 saturday night so im 35 hours sober. Or maybe 24 if i was still drunk till the morning. How does that work? Anyway i look forward to some of your thoughts and support. Thank you. Leslie
leslie2614

Re: Second DUI

Unread postby bkmurray » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:25 pm

I also have 2 DUIs didn't stop me from drinking but you should use it as your sign. Your life is more important than alcohol. Remember you never have to feel the way you do now ever again. Go to meetings they're a huge help.
bkmurray

Unread postby buzzles87 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:07 am

Hello,
I also have two dui's. I got my second one last summer. Drinking has been an issue with me for a few years now. It's gotten worse and worse. To the point now that I need help and I feel I can not give it up on my own. I am trying though. Drinking has caused many negative consequences in my life and I worry about the future. If I make the right choices and stop abusing alcohol then things can only get better. It worries me to think I am not strong enough. That I may not have the will power. That would mean things can only get worse. But I am going to try. Become a better healthier person. I would like to go to a meeting. I live near fishtown. Maybe if you would like to go?
buzzles87

Unread postby msteffens » Wed May 21, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi. I have one DUI. I got it in August. I lost my license for 30 days and I just got off probation. It cost me over $2000. I have had a drinking problems for about 6 years. The longest I have been sober is 5 months. They were the best 5 months of my life. But I picked up again. After I got the DUI I said I would never drink again. But I picked up after a month. I hate myself. I know I need help.
msteffens

Unread postby myronmessinger » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:27 am

I also got caught for DUI here in Phoenix and it's something that I don't want to happen again since it was somewhat an embarrassing experience. Thankfully, a friend recommended a law firm to represent me on my hearing. I didn't have any idea what to do that time, but with the help of the Arizona DUI Team, I was able to sort things out. That was a huge relief.
myronmessinger

Return to New to Recovery?