Long Term effects

This forum is for family and friends of people who are addicted to drugs
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Long Term effects

Unread postby jdavis » Tue May 06, 2014 3:23 pm

I need some advice. I have a friend (truly, a friend) who did major pain killer abuse for many years. Ended up snorting cuz his tummy was tore up. Percocet, vicodin, anything. He's been clean for quite some time now......at least fifteen years. Last weekend we were visiting and out of the blue he started to expound on the "bugs" living in his skin! scabies? it's not from STD! He was even so convinced that he kept three vials of the bugs that he had pulled off himself! white, black and red.

tried to tel us that the female would lay eggs and the male would go in and fertilize. yes he had scabs and sores, but so would I if I'd had dug holes in my skin.
I really want to know if this is a side effect of the prologed drug use or if it's for real. A dermatologist told him that there weren't bugs and it was in his head!

Help me out on this please.

a concerned friend!
jdavis

Re: Long Term effects

Unread postby Susanbg » Wed May 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Sounds like an effect of opioid use... I've seen this many times in a clinical setting
Susanbg

Return to Family and Friends - Drug Addiction