Almost a month sober

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Almost a month sober

Unread postby twizzler25 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:42 pm

Its been almost a month sober for me with out AA meetings i believe the rehab i was at woke me up due to the stories i heard an also my mind not wanting it i believe i fight my disease of drinking but i take it a day at a time but if anyone would like to talk message me
twizzler25

Re: Almost a month sober

Unread postby tim » Wed May 14, 2014 7:59 am

Hi I'm Tim. Haven't been to a meeting yet, but my cousin said they are a big help. I was dry for about 8 months, working out, eating good, clear headed. One day it just stopped, about 3 months ago. I've been binge drinking since. I can't find that place in my mind where the self discipline is. Clearly there is an issue. I want to stop, but I'm not.
tim

Re: Almost a month sober

Unread postby mara d » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:02 am

Hi, I am an alcoholic, my name is Mara. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Over 19 years ago I was sober for over 2 years and happy. Then the lies started in my head, I didn't need AA, I could do this on my own. I started to find fault with meetings: too late, inconvenient, what does he know? I had "better things to do.......then it started, a few beers here and there, trying to prove one more time that I could become a social drinker. My pride stopped me from admitting the "slip" to any one, even my sponsor. I eventually dropped off the AA planet. The " not yets" started to happen. The experiment failed.

Today I am going to an AA meeting. I have proved to myself that I absolutely cannot do this alone, and my sick secrets and pride are slowly killing me.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:02 am.
mara d

Return to New to Recovery?