Beginner meetings

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Beginner meetings

Unread postby michaelp63 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:03 pm

How can i find beginner meetings around Ambler,pa
michaelp63

Re: Beginner meetings

Unread postby Lauren » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi! I don't know how to find meetings in Ambler, PA but I myself am looking for a meeting close to home, but not too close. Actually, I guess that I am kind of anxious about going to my first one. Well, I hope that you do find a meeting soon and I wish you the very best. ~ Lauren :)
Lauren

Unread postby JJL » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:59 am

select the MEETINGS tab on this website. It will provide a list on a pull down menu of several townships in the area. Let me know how it goes.
JJL

Unread postby tommyinphilly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Even wanting to find a meeting is a great step. I'm proud of you. There are tons in greater NE Philly and the surrounding suburbs. Just check a sepia book, if you have one. If not I will post a bunch of meetings to chose from and they will give you a sepia book there
tommyinphilly

Unread postby Degc62 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:46 am

Headed to my first meeting at noon. It took me the loss of my marriage to get here. Sad
Degc62

Unread postby Amyd0302 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:39 am

Ok, so I'm new on here and don't have a problem with alcohol, but with drugs. I can't seem to find any local meetings for drug abuse in the day time, do any exist??? I'm in need of help, both myself and my husband before it's too late.
Amyd0302

Unread postby riderxbmx » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:17 am

I am an addict and I need help desperately I'm losing my family I'm losing my loved one
riderxbmx

Unread postby Shanti » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:24 pm

I went to my first meeting tonight. I had been thinking about it for some time. I looked on sepia and didn't find many meetings. However, I had to go to the police station to get my fingers printed for an out of state license and their were a bunch of AA brochures there with the weekly listings of meetings in Chester county. Perhaps check with your local police.

Blessings,
Shanti
Shanti

Unread postby Nonnamona76 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:39 am

Hi looking for meetings in North Wildwood NJ..
Nonnamona76

Unread postby cristinakj70 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:50 am

I have avoided AA like the plague because of the seemingly underlying Christian foundations. I do drink and shouldn't and it's a secret. I'm in therapy for severe trauma and drink, self-harm and a whole host of other coping mechanisms (no drugs), to deal with overwhelm/anxiety.

Is AA a bunch of bible thumpers trying to get me to believe in a Christian God?

Also - if not - transportation is an issue for me.

I live with an alcoholic and drink mostly when he's here. Most often when he's not, I drink water or milk. Sometimes (I have PTSD) when I am panicked and/or stressed, I take a shot or drink a beer.

If I don't do that, I'm cutting or pulling hair.

I am in therapy.

I am lost.
cristinakj70

Unread postby tjw » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi Everybody
I am looking for suggestion on where is the best place to look for a meeting location. Many years ago I tried a location where a lot of the participants were there just to fulfill a legal obligation. In short, they were doing what that had to do to keep out of jail.
I need help, I need support but I'm concerned about finding group that truly has people working toward real recovery
Thanks
tjw

Unread postby pattyo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:20 pm

tjw wrote:
> Hi Everybody
> I am looking for suggestion on where is the best place to look for a
> meeting location. Many years ago I tried a location where a lot of the
> participants were there just to fulfill a legal obligation. In short, they
> were doing what that had to do to keep out of jail.
> I need help, I need support but I'm concerned about finding group that
> truly has people working toward real recovery
> Thanks
Hi, my son is a heroin addict along with alcohol and marijuana. I went to one AA meeting and it turned into a complaining hour. I listened and shared and that is why I decided to try Sobriety Online. He completed a rehab and then walked out twice from his current rehab. He really doesn't know why he wants to take drugs other than the crave and the disease it is. Look online on AA locations. You have to go to at least 6 different meetings to decide which is the correct one for you. Good luck
pattyo

Unread postby Good2change » Wed May 20, 2015 5:01 am

Hello,
I am new to this group. I've just finished a 30day rehab stint and am excited to join the online community. Not sure if meetings in the Glenolden, Pa area are kid friendly (I hear some are), but I am very thankful to be able to share concerns and ask questions here.
Good2change

Unread postby bushbailey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:34 am

Good luck everyone! !!!!!!!!!!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:34 am.
bushbailey

Return to New to Recovery?