Feeling Fabulous

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Feeling Fabulous

Unread postby Lis0103 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:19 pm

I just wanted to say thanks to the people on this website. Communicating with others that are going through the same thing is very helpful in recovery to me. I am now 44 days sober. I feel so good. Don't get me wrong, I still have days that I think about drinking. I have dreams all the time that I am contemplating drinking. I usually do end up drinking in my dreams and have immediate remorse & guilt. I wake up thankful that it was only a dream. I know these dreams are reminding me of what I will feel like if I take another drink. In the short time of 44 days, I have already noticed a huge difference in my life. I don't miss the hangovers AT ALL, I am living my life with a clearer perspective, my anxiety has subsided, my attitude has changed and I am really taking the time to enjoy the little things in life. It's been a major change. It's not always peaches & cream, but at the end of each day I have remained sober. That is the most important thing I must remember. I am always here if anyone needs to talk. It always helps to talk it out, especially if you are having a bad day. I wish everyone going through this the best. :)
Lis0103

Re: Feeling Fabulous

Unread postby emack » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:11 am

keep up the good fight lis0103.the road is long but the rewards are great.God bless
emack

Unread postby DeanBean7 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:23 am

I am an alcohlic, and drug addict. I have 2 childern 12 and 15. They always knew their mother as a crazy & drunk. They didnt know about the drugs. I have been drinking & do drugs for 21 years. I have been off drugs for 7 months and i havent had a drink in 3 weeks. Before that I only stopped drinking and drugs while I was pregnant. One thing at a time one day at a time. 2 years ago i wanted to be clean so bad. I lost evrything - EVEN though I was a a fuctioning addict. I was working, cooking, cleaning and tryn my best to juggle drinking and doing drugs around my busy day. I thought, I was TOO good to go to AA &I wasnt a bad addict just a hard working person that desrved party favors and drinks. I HAD a huge house, nice cars, lived in an upper - middle class area. I could never go to a meeting what if someone saw me there? I had an image to up hold. Well I have only been to 2 AA meetings so far. They make me laugh and let me know its going to be ok, if I do what I am doing now. I use to wish I was dead, well in the last few weeks i never thought about wishing for death. I never felt so good about something. I LOVE DRINKING!!!! I still cant see myself never having a drink, but I know I dont wanna drink. BUT I LOVE IT SOOOOOOO MUCH. Then I think of my kids. All their life they knew me as a drunk, I never hide it. I loved it, it was my buddy, my partner in crime. My kids tell me they love me everyday, even thou I was a nasty pig!!!! I never want that monster to come out again. I know that 1st drink will release that it. I am powerless to alcohol. I hated myself - my life, but I can CHANGE, I WANT TO CHANGE. I love my childern, my husband, my mom, my siters, my brother, my nieces, my newphews, my friends. I wanna be a good mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, friend. That 1st drink will never allow me to be good.
DeanBean7

Unread postby emack » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:06 am

deanbean7 stay the coarse and stay sober.pray for strength and wisdom.i too loved to drink but I have learned that I love myself,my family and many other things much more.
emack

Unread postby Lis0103 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:24 pm

DeanBean7,
I'm sorry for your losses, but you hit your bottom. It's what you needed to make this decision. Be proud. Go to meetings. I go to meetings every chance I get. It's not as often as I'd like, but I'm going. I LOVED drinking too. I also can't see myself not drinking ever again, but I will take it one day at a time. This is the best decision you've made for you and your kids. Seriously! They need you just like my son needs me. I'm here if you ever need to talk. Stay sober :)
Lis0103
Lis0103

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion