Still Haven't gotten it

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Still Haven't gotten it

Unread postby Gadget1957 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hello all. I'm a 56 year old male and have been struggling with alcohol since I've been young. It has cost me my family, life savings and most of my earthly belongings. I have a sponsor and have been to maybe 50 AA meetings in the last 10 years and I still haven't seen any kind of success. I've had periods of sobriety, maybe as long as 8 months but I guess being a dry drunk, it was inevitable I was going to drink again. My best motivation to stop right now is fear of being put back in jail, disappointing my sponsor and having to suffer severe withdrawal symptoms. This is my first post on here. Just looking for support from other drunks I suppose. :|
Gadget1957

Re: Still Haven't gotten it

Unread postby trina » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:31 am

i feel you but not in position to help alcohol is ruining my life this is my first time here and am also looking for support totaled new car last night and probably getting dui maybe what i need to get it if not surely will die
trina

Unread postby emack » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:20 am

your here and that is a step in the right direction.being and staying sober is not easy,it requires allot of work and time.i have found that "time" and how it is spent makes a great difference.do not put a limit on what you will do or not do to stay sober.above all love and protect yourself.god bless and stay sober
emack

Unread postby beckyt » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:52 am

I don't think I'll ever get it. Right now, I'm sober.
beckyt

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion