relapse due to chronic pain

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

relapse due to chronic pain

Unread postby trina » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:21 am

I am losing myself. i suffer from chronic pain afraid of the pain pills.been drinking for several years now recently switched from beer to wine thinking it would help me slow down. my husband and son are always angry with me and last night totaled new car and probably getting dui. my life seems to revolve around drinking i have put it above all i love. i dont work anymore and only place i know to be around people is local pub. maybe needed wake up call. would like 2 find people to get together with other than drunk neighbors. went to meetings in past and had bad experiences. will try again but does anyone get together outside of meetings for hiking or other activities.
trina

Re: relapse due to chronic pain

Unread postby Ellie123 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:28 am

I wish I was near you. I have the same requirements for friends that don't drink and do other stuff instead. It's a lonely fight - but we are not Alone. We are here, united and together.
I wonder if those of us with smartphones can do this together. We don't have to be physically in the same place to go for walks together.
Ellie123

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion