just got a dui

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

just got a dui

Unread postby britia13 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:15 am

Hi. I just got a dui last night and it was suggested that I be proactive and start going to meetings right away. I do actually hope themeetings will help me. Do the meetings provide some way to register so I can prove to the courts that I have been to them?
britia13

Re: just got a dui

Unread postby FRANKLIN » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:34 pm

I believe since AA meetings are anonymous, it's only your lawyer can convince the judge that you attended the meetings/forum by telling your lawyer where you had your meetings and knowing things like the twelve steps and the sobriety prayer among the few. Good luck.
FRANKLIN

Unread postby Joev7 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:08 am

Good luck to you. Lose yourself and you'll find the keys you really need. I hope you find them.
Joev7

Unread postby Jomar67 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:13 am

My friend just started his practice and I think he will be a good DUI lawyer one day. If you need any kind of assistance, feel free to ask me. Though I still will say that it’s far better not to drive when you are high on alcohol. Some people learn it the hard way.
Jomar67

Unread postby Changes4 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:45 pm

I can relate to just having a DUI. Except I totaled my car and another and during that I hit my windshield and cracked my head open. It was a terrible experience and mistake but we all must go through hard trials in life to finally see that is isn't the life we want to live. I hope you can find the joy within to keep moving foward. It's hard but I know you can do it. So don't feel alone through this whole process. I passed my 12 step program and my DUI class and its an achievement not giving up. I will pray for you that God keeps you strong. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:45 pm.
Changes4

Return to New to Recovery?