NEW TO AA. Would love to hear sucess stories/advice.

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

NEW TO AA. Would love to hear sucess stories/advice.

Unread postby CLM3 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm am most certainly a full blown alcoholic. My drinking has gotten completely out of control. I was always a binge drinker but only drank on the weekends. I now can polish off a 5th of Vodka in a night at home with the family. I sometimes stay up all night after everyone goes to bed. I'll shower and have coffee and pretend I'm fine but I am so far from fine many mornings that it's hard for me to keep it together. Sometimes after everyone leaves, i'll stay behind and start drinking more. It's really pathetic and sick and I'm so ready to leave that life behind me. I can go 30 days with no drinks which is normally in response to the prior 30 days being a disaster but then I go right back to where I started.... pounding Vodka all night. I need to stop and am hoping this will help. Would love to hear success stories and any advice you may have....
CLM3

Re: NEW TO AA. Would love to hear sucess stories/advice.

Unread postby Bob » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:49 pm

it anybody here
Bob

Unread postby jdavis » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:36 am

I'm here and not sure if I can be of assistance. I joined this site cuz of my screw ups due to drinking way too much. I've been under control for about a year. But I'm still scared. I can go without and then have a couple beers - OK 5 while grilling dinner. I just wanted you to know that someone is here
jdavis

Unread postby laurona » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:29 am

hi i am laurona i am really gratefulto be online and doing a meeting

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:29 am.
laurona

Return to New to Recovery?