Second DUI

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Second DUI

Unread postby leslie2614 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:42 am

Hello all. Im new here. I just got my second DUI on saturday. Thats 2 in one year. This time a hit another car. I need help. Its a miracle i didnt hurt anyone else. But i fear if i dont stop drinking i may end up killing myself or another. The excessive drinking started 5 years ago after my fathers death. I used drinking to shut off my emotions about it. That didnt work yet i continue to drink. Its just not fun anymore. I was looking to meet some sober people since i know very few where i live. Any thoughts or comments from any one i would very much appreciate the support. Last drink i had was 1030 saturday night so im 35 hours sober. Or maybe 24 if i was still drunk till the morning. How does that work? Anyway i look forward to some of your thoughts and support. Thank you. Leslie
leslie2614

Re: Second DUI

Unread postby Jacob98 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi! Second DUI is something which you should never have let it happen but as it is done, I would suggest to seek reliable legal help on this issue. My cousin works with a DUI attorney Los Angeles and let me know if you need any help.
Jacob98

Re: Second DUI

Unread postby staneisha » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:36 am

Congrats on your sober time. You have to start somewhere. you should be very thankful your crash wasn't any worse. I hope you continue on your great journey. Things will be difficult. but it will be all worth it when you drive down the road knowing you cannot get a dui. I know how that is. I'm surprised ive never had a dui or crashed. It was scary for me to drive sober because I was so used to being drunk when I drove. As sad as that is.. So don't give up. It'll be all worth it!
staneisha

Return to New to Recovery?