Can anyone relate to me?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Can anyone relate to me?

Unread postby staneisha » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi, my name is taneisha, and I'm a pretty bad alcoholic. I have been binge drinking with a few days off here and there for almost a year now. Every post I read on this site does not compare to me. I didn't call myself an alcoholic until now. I don't know what to do. I don't really know what withdrawl feels like but I feel like I go through it. I hope someone replys that goes through the same thing, or went. I'm thankful for most things in my life, but I feel like im going down a very slippery slope. Im only 23 but I feel like im standing next to my grave with a banana peel under my foot. help..
staneisha

Re: Can anyone relate to me?

Unread postby emack » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:07 am

welcome taneisha,
I was there and it is very scary.there are no experts in this fight,this is a one on one with yourself.there is help out there that will make things better for you.start going to meetings and listen.listen to the other peeps who have been there
and lived all the things you have and worse.also listen to how their lives have changed and how sobriety is worth the fight.your 23 and know you have a drinking problem,do something about it.life is a gift,treat it like one.
emack

Unread postby staneisha » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:26 am

thank you emack. I want to get help before it is too late. its so hard to think of my life without drinking. The longest ive gone without drinking is 4 days in about year. its scary.
staneisha

Unread postby pitbill » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:30 am

Wisdom is like gold its only worth something if u use it
pitbill

Unread postby emack » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:43 am

yes it is but be strong for you.go to meetings,find a sponsor and most of all keep your self busy.things will get easier after awhile.there is no over-nite cure.you have to surround yourself with peeps and places that will help you.do what will
help you!!!
emack

Unread postby meganlynn44 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:24 am

Hope you are doing well, taneisha, please know that you are not alone!
meganlynn44

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion