Atheist approach

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Atheist approach

Unread postby jayjoyce@hotmail.com » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:45 pm

For those in the Philadelphia Main Line, Montgomery or Delaware County.
Do you know of any good meetings that do not depend on readings from the "book/" and that do not have a religious overtone.

Please, do not reply with calls for my religious conversion. If God works for you I respect your position. Please, respect mine.
Thank you/
jayjoyce@hotmail.com

Re: Atheist approach

Unread postby Sober Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:54 pm

I go to meetings in Philadelphia (mostly center city area) and most of them are pretty non-religious. I'm an atheist in the program and I find that most people in that area are pretty open to individual approaches. I would dare say that most of the people that I'm close to from this area are non-religious.
I'm not aware of any meetings explicitly geared toward non-believers but you are most definitely not alone. I've shared in meetings about being an atheist and I cannot remember anything other than affirming reactions.
Good luck!
Sober Guest

Unread postby Heidi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:57 pm

We are looking for meetings like that as well..my partner is not atheist but we are more spiritual than religious so the whole big book thing doesn't work for her...if we find one which I know there are some out there I will post here and let you know...if you find any please let me know..we are in the same area.
Heidi

Unread postby zigstar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:19 am

I am an atheist and I am looking for the same thing, It's difficult to relate to others and overcome problems with people who perceive the universe in such a way that depends on fate, faith and God, it makes me feel hopeless. I wish there were groups that did not incorporate religious beliefs into meetings.
zigstar

Unread postby James California » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:27 am

Have any of you tried Smart Recovery ? The meetings are free, science based and non-judgemental .
Take a look @ their website .
James California

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion