Relasped

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Relasped

Unread postby bluesoul » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:18 am

I was dry for 12 years and have been out there now for 10 years, drinking every day. Today is the first time I've truly thought about coming back. I'm 67 and would love to get some encouragement to attend meetings again. If I wasn't hopeless and close to tears I wouldn't be reaching out.
bluesoul

Re: Relasped

Unread postby angelialice65 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:17 pm

I am new at recovery and all i can really say that take one day at a time if need be one minute at a time and if by any chance relapse has happened get up and dust yourself off and do it again its progress not perfection,we are all human and i will pray for you im going through the same thing you are and in sure many more too
angelialice65

Re: Relasped

Unread postby jwmann2 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:08 pm

First think about why you stopped going to meetings in the first place. Did you think you could tread on your own from then on out? What made you relapse? Did something trigger it? Loss of a loved one? Divorce? Try to make as much sense of your relapse as possible. You were clean for 12 years so right there, you know that you'll be able to recover again.
jwmann2

Return to New to Recovery?