need help finding methadone clinic in my area (pholadelphia)

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

need help finding methadone clinic in my area (pholadelphia)

Unread postby cbiggz » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:17 pm

I am trying to find a methadone clinic in my area (philadlephia) that will take me with benzos in my system. I know the risks of taking benzos and methadone and any other opiate for that matter but I have a large benzo addiction along with a large heroin addiction and just stoping the benzos cold turkey is not healthy, I have had seizures before trying to detox from benzos. I am not prescribed them and I have been doing heroin and benzos for 10+ years and I am just getting to old for this shit. I tried NET (northeast treatment center) and they wont accept me with benzos and If I come up with a dirty urine while in the program I would be terminated. most places that I have researched say the same thing but I know that there are some that don't really care as long as they get their money. I was wondering if anyone knows of any Philadelphia clinics that would accept me with these circumstances. i plan to taper off of both the methadone and the benzos rather quickly. someone with any helpful experiences with different clinics would be greatly appreciated. i have heard that "SOAR" may be one of them, but any other suggestions i would be open to. thank you mucho
cbiggz

Re: need help finding methadone clinic in my area (pholadelp

Unread postby jezebella007 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:29 pm

Miners Medical in Ashley, Luzerne County (right outside of Wilkes Barre) takes patients who are on benzos and as long as the prescribing dr (assuming there is a valid script for them) signs a paper saying that he/she knows the interactions, dangers, etc of methadone and benzos, then you will have no problem being able to take both while at the clinic. Their phone number is 570-822-5145. The only catch is that they only accept medical assistance or cash. No other insurance is accepted. There is another methadone clinic in wilkes-barre run by Choices that doesn't allow benzos so don't call them on accident! There is usually a waiting list but it goes quick and medical assistance reimburses you for gas mileage or pays for your county's transportation program to give you a ride.
Hope this is the info you needed! GOOD LUCK!! :D
jezebella007

Return to New to Recovery?