keeping busy

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Re: keeping busy

Unread postby Butterfly78 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Today is 11 with no herion!! It's not my first time around, I have been in and out of the room for 10+ yrs. I am sick and tired of fighting this devil. I am trying to keep myself as busy as possible. It's is extremely hard for me to stay outta my head. I am so lonely and depressed. I miss my boyfriend so much. ( he is court appointed to rehab) I find myself worrying about him and out future.
I have been going to meeting as much as possible. I find it very hard to talk to the other females so far. The meetings have been out numbered by men 12 to one women. I'm not looking for a man I'm looking to stay sober. I have been tempted to make a call but havent. It's easy for me to take easy way out and get high. At least my addiction tells me that's the easy way. It's not!! God help me focus on ME for once do the right thing.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:24 pm.
Butterfly78

Re: keeping busy

Unread postby zee18901 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:26 pm

If you cant stay busy, go to bed.
Sleep is good.
Too much sleep is not but too much of anything is not good.
I'd rather sleep than drink.
Just for today.
Z

to the person having trouble staying out of your head after 26 years. Is that your original head or your sober head?
If it's your sober head I would suggest helping someone else to get out of your own mush.
god bless
I hope that doesn't happen to me.
zee18901

Previous

Return to New to Recovery?